The most essential ingredient in our infant program is our warm, responsive, and highly trained teachers! You will see our nurturing teachers spend lots of time holding, cuddling, and playing with the infants in our care, creating a “Home away from Home” environment. We personalize care for each infant based on his or her unique schedule, nutritional guidelines, and any other special attention he/she requires.
We are always richly rewarded with babbles, smiles, and squeals of laughter! We practice baby signs (www.babysignstoo.com) with our infants to encourage early communication.
If you are looking for a safe, secure and nurturing environment where your child can learn, play and grow – visit a Kids’ Care Club Infant Center near you!
- Singing lullabies and songs to model conversational skills
- Naming objects – building vocabulary!
- Engaging in daily conversations
- Exploring pictures and books to recognize sounds, objects and words
- Providing rhymes and finger plays
Math & More
- Exploring the concepts of cause-and-effect, trial-and-error, and object permanence through play
- A variety of materials are used to learn concepts such as space & size
- Making choices and problem solving
- Understanding quantity concepts, like “more”
- Exploring the concepts of taste & smell
- Hands on experiences to develop sense of touch and sound
- Exploring in our uniquely designed outdoor playground
- Real life pictures and materials to discover the world
Art and Drama
- Providing paint, crayons, and other tools that promote artistic exploration and creativity
- Offering a variety of pictures to experience art and cultural diversity
- Supporting imaginative play with photo cards and puppets
- Encouraging self-expression through movement and music
- Learning role playing and symbolic play
Family & Community
- Developing trusting relationships with families, care givers and children
- Responding to children with sensitivity and attention
- Using words, facial expressions, and eye contact to communicate
- Using family photos to promote self-awareness
- A room designed to promote self-help skills and self-regulation
- Improving mobility and coordination through one-on-one interactions.
- Supporting gross motor development, such as rolling from side-to-side, and learning to crawl, stand, and walk
- Supporting the development of fine motor skills with blocks, connectors, and puzzles
- Meeting individual needs for rest and nutrition
- Providing a clean and safe environment to limit illness
Self and Social Development
- Promoting positive interactions with others in small and large groups
- Encouraging independence with support and recognition of abilities
- Learning a sense of self by expressing empathy, impulse control, and reassurance
- Providing choices to promote self expression